Adler Real Estate AG presented for the first time a treasure from its traditional company history. The Adler Trumpf Rennlimousine, built in 1936/38, participated in a historic race on the traditional racing circuit in Germany as part of the celebrations for the 90th anniversary of the Nürburgring.
With this type of vehicle, a streamlined, closed racing car, Adler had written automobile history in the 1930s, including as the first closed racing car and winner of his class at the traditional and demanding 24-hour race at Le Mans.
The racing giant, whose return to the original state of the thirties with regard to technology and optics exactly according to the present documentary took place, will in the future participate in various events, including the next year at the Le Mans Classic 2018. Then the successful ride of 1938 was 80 years ago. Apart from that, the racing giant is to be made accessible to the public as a showpiece in the future.
The Adler Trumpf Rennlimousine is one of probably three still existing models of this type and thus a real rarity. The streamlined form sprang from the efforts of the time to reduce the wind resistance of vehicles, which was becoming more and more urgent at growing speeds. Correspondingly, the designers developed a wing-like streamlined body, which appears to be composed of a wing stump and half an airship body – the unmistakable shape of the Adler.
In the thirties of the 20th century, Adlerwerke was the third-largest manufacturer of automobiles in Germany – after Opel and Auto Union. Adler employed such important constructors as Edmund Rumpler, the builder of the later dripping truck, or recourse to designs by bodies designed by Walter Gropius, the architect and founder of the world-famous „Bauhaus“ in Dessau. Gropius also designed the former Adler logo.