The Kyoto Concorso D´Eleganza under the motto “Artistic Cars at the World Heritage” took place for the very first time from the 3. until 6. December in Kyoto. Venue was the famous Nijo castle, a castle that was built in 1601 and formerly was the seat of the Shogun of Kyoto.
It is one of the few castles from the Edo period, which is still preserved and was constituted to the world cultural heritage.
The selected vintage cars for the Concours were lined up on the square yard in front of the Ninomru Palace, ready to be juried by the selected international and japanese jury. Including real rarities such as a 1952 Panhard Gilco “Disco Volante” MM bodied by Colli, the 1953 OSCA MT4 2AD Morelli spider or the 1965 Lotus Elan + 2 prototype, which at first glance seems like a reminiscent of the Opel GT.
The organizers of the Concorso D`Eleganza Kyoto took the Concours events at Lake Como and Pebble Beach as their model. The event took place on a small scale, under exclusion of the public. Only for the audience award citizens could apply for admitance, to select favorite by public from the exhibited vehicles. This award was received by the red race car Bizarrini ISO Griffo A3C Corsa from 1966, owned by Kazuo Maruyama.
The Italian collector Corrado Lopresto received the desirable award Best of Show for his Alfa Romeo 6 C 2500 SS Bertone from 1942, which became Best of Show at the Concorso D´Eleganza a few years ago.
PHOTOS: ©Kyoto Concorso D´Eleganza